Monday, October 27, 2008

Warmth

The thing about cold is really the fear.
That when you venture out into it, heat won't be near
The real question is how far you should go
The direction might be clear but you don't really know
Whether it is a path of resistance or you can go with the flow
The real hard part is leaving your home
Where you know there is warmth and you'll never be alone
But you don't grow in a place where you're warm
Your character doesn't build, your heart doesn't form
Every little thing is normal and nice
Which is part of the reason I can't face the ice
But when you walk out further than before
You push your own limits, expect a little more
I guess this is why I'm afraid of next year
I'm confronted with a choice of the warmth or the fear
The people who love me, the people who care
Want to take me from my comfort zone and see how I fare
Abroad - without all my family and friends
Its not too far, and to me the ends
Justify the means of pushing the envelope
And like I've been taught, I will widen my scope
To learn about culture and people and life
So I'm gonna do it, and cause myself some strife
Broaden my horizons and take advantage of college
Wish me luck, I'm gonna gain some knowledge.

3 comments:

SuJ said...

this takes me back to our conversation of following our hearts and living life without regrets. and sometimes, you have to pick the regret you are willing to take so that you wont regret the other. u'll do great things studying abroad and i know u havent discounted the prospect of applying for staff yet, at least u have a plan, and thats more than a lot of other people have.

Doris said...

Wait, studying abroad next school year or this summer????

dphuong said...

i will give you the pros and cons...and not just the pros...real life studying abroad, but knowing you, you'd probably fair a lot better than me.